The Triumphs are a UK based Joe Meek Tribute Band and are available for bookings. Visit their website for more info and to book the band – also visit them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter
Scroll down for details of their current album.
l-r: Trevor Faull/Rob Bradford/Ken Penrose/Malcolm Lenny/Ray Liffen on stage at the Joe Meek 50th Anniversary Concert
The Triumphs are a UK based Joe Meek Tribute Band.
The line-up is as follows:
Ray Liffen, vocals, lead, bass and rhythm guitar who is a member of the Joe Meek Society.
Trevor Faull, keys, and Instrumentals guru, who just loves Joe’s music.
Rob Bradford, vocals, ex-chairman of the Joe Meek Society, their Newsletter Editor and Archivist.
Ken Penrose, drums, who is a former chairman of the Society.
Malcolm Lenny, lead guitar, ex-lead guitarist with Joe Meek recorded group THE PACKABEATS
The band is available for gigs and plays the music of the 50s, 60s and 70s.
At exclusively Joe Meek music events the band is also able to play a wide variety of Joe Meek’s music, including the obscure and unreleased material.
In April 2019 They appeared at the Joe Meek Society AGM. They played their own set and also backed singer Dave Kaye. They gave their services free of any fee or expenses and indeed paid for their own accommodation at The George to ensure that all monies raised last Saturday went to the Society.
We are privileged to have within the Triumphs’s ranks another Joe Meek recording artiste the very talented and great band member Malcolm Lenny who recorded with Joe with The Packabeats.
After Joe Meek fan George Stapley did a 20 minute set The Triumphs went on stage for over two hours. Their two sets included backing a wonderful man and a special Joe Meek singer Dave Kaye on 11 of the numbers played:
1. Just Like Eddie
2. That’ll Be The Day
3. Tribute to Buddy Holly
5. Gypsy Beat (featuring on lead guitar Malcolm Lenny of The Packabeats)
6. Please Stay
7. All Shook Up (backing Dave Kaye)
8. You’re Sixteen (backing Dave Kaye)
9. In My Way (backing Dave Kaye)
10. A Fool Such As I (backing Dave Kaye)
11. Oh! Boy!
12. A House and a Car and a Wedding Ring
13. The Coalman’s Lament
14. You Really Got Me
15. Country Roads
16. Angela Jones
17. Sweet Little Sixteen
18. Bad Moon Rising
2. Do Wah Diddy
3. Evening in Paris (featuring on lead guitar Malcolm Lenny of The Packabeats)
4. Theme from The Traitors (featuring on lead guitar Malcolm Lenny of The Packabeats)
5. Walk With Me My Angel
6. Blue Suede Shoes (backing Dave Kaye)
7. It’s Now Or Never (backing Dave Kaye)
8. He’ll Only Hurt You (backing Dave Kaye)
9. Sweet Caroline (backing Dave Kaye)
10. The Wonder of You (backing Dave Kaye)
11. Johnny Remember You (with Shy Rochford)
12. Only the Heartaches
13. Happy Together
14. Night of the Vampire
15. Hang On Sloopy
16. Hey Baby
17. Show Me the Way to Amarillo
18. Have I the Right (with Dave Kaye)
19. Glad All Over (with Dave Kaye)
Before between and after our sets DJ Pete Rochford did a great job playing lots of Joe Meek tracks.
There is a video to view here: https://www.facebook.com/brian.edward.3/videos/2801005573259444/
CHECK OUT THEIR ALBUM
THE TRIUMPHS – MEEK AND WILD
CD 24 Tracks with 12-page booklet
1. Meeksville 2. Telstar 3. Runaway 4. Husky Team 5. North Wind
6. Eye Of The Storm 7. Wild Wind 8. M25 9. Green Jeans 10. All Shook Up
11. Wipeout 12. Here Come The Good Times 13. He’ll Only Hurt You
14. Loneliness 15. Sunday Date 16. Dreaming Of You 17. Heart Of A Teenage Girl
18. Teardrops Fall Like Rain 19. Big Jim 20. The Coalman’s Lament
21. Night Of The Vampire 22. Jack The Ripper 23. Little Sister (Live) 24. Have I The Right (Live)
This is The Triumphs’ tribute to the work of famed record producer Joe Meek. Joe recorded many styles of music and ‘Meek and Wild’ offers a ‘jukebox’ full of great sounds, both vocal (15 tracks) and instrumental.(9 tracks).
In addition to popular chart toppers like Telstar and Have I The Right, the spotlight also falls on rarities such as Ray Dexter’s The Coalman’s Lament and, from the Tea Chest tapes, Geoff Goddard’s Here Come The Good Times. There are five original tracks, all inspired by the work of Joe Meek.
The Triumphs (Rob Bradford, Trev Faull, Ken Ledran and Ray Liffen) have as their special guest Dave Kaye, who recorded with Joe Meek. One of Dave’s tracks is He’ll Only Hurt You, a powerful ballad which he recorded with Joe, but which was never released at that time. Now you can hear it in a brand new arrangement with Dave backed by The Triumphs.
The album’s 12-page booklet includes descriptions of all the tracks and pictures of the band with many of the original Joe Meek artists that they have had the privilege of working with, including Clem Cattini, Dave Kaye, Malcolm Lenny (The Packabeats), Ray Dexter, Bobby Rio and Danny Rivers.
UK £9.99 including postage and packing
Europe £12.50 including postage and packing
Americas, Africa, Asia £13.50 including postage and packing
Australia, New Zealand £13.80 including postage and packing
Other methods of payment:
- Pay by cheque (drawn on UK bank) made payable to ‘R. Liffen’
and sent to 24 Dalmeny Road, Carshalton, SM5 4PP U.K
- Pay manually Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
The album is also available as a digital download at many outlets including
I Tunes UK I Tunes US Amazon.com Amazon.co.uk Google Play and also Spotify